Saturday, March 10, 2012

Dr. Seuss Day

The Littles' preschool celebrated Dr. Seuss' Birthday on March 2nd, so we did, too!



We had green eggs and ham (er, turkey),











and the preschool had green egg-shaped cookies with green frosting. Another challenge!







I couldn't use food coloring, so for the nice green color I used liquid chlorophyll.






It was Silly Sock Day, too!







This is what I sent with my kids:













DR. SEUSS' GREEN EGG COOKIES

1 cup brown rice flour
½ cup sweet white rice flour
½ cup tapioca flour
½ cup sugar
1T guar gum
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

 ⅓ cup water
½ cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 T liquid chlorophyll

 Mix dry ingredients. Mix wet ingredients. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet, kneading if necessary. Shape into eggs and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.













I am not going to post my frosting recipe, as it still needs a LOT of work!











No comments:

Post a Comment