Sunday, December 25, 2011

Muppins

UPDATE: WARNING!! THIS POST MAY NOT BE CORN FREE. I have decided to leave it up for all of our GF/CF and not Corn Free friends. 

ORGINAL POST:
When my son was younger, he called muffins "muppins" and the name stuck. This morning I made muffins from gluten-free Bisquick. There was no recipe for muffins on the box, so I made my own:

BISQUICK MUFFINS

1 box of gluten-free Bisquick
2 cups rice milk
2 eggs
2 T canola oil 
1/3 cup sugar

Combine ingredients and spoon into a muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. 

These were very white and light in texture and flavor. They will go well with any type of topping. And with no gluten and no casein, it works well here. I did have a small reaction to the xanthum gum (or my coffee??). But, for now, at least it will remain on the menu for our weekly Sunday Muppins.

UPDATE: The reaction seems to have been from the xanthum gum. Though xanthum gum is made from the black mold found on vegetables, the "vegetable" most commonly used to grow it is corn. Soon, I hope to have a corn-free, homemade recipe for Bisquick. Check back soon. 

After you make the muffins, you can make donuts with this quick and simple method:




Image Courtesy of: www.amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment